ADASS is a not-for-profit conference organised and run by volunteers. We can use all the help we can get from ADASS attendees if at all possible.
Volunteering for ADASS XXX is simple and does not entail a significant commitment. It does however help make this conference possible. We could not do it without the help of our amazing volunteers!
How to sign up
- Join the ADASS Volunteers Telegram Group. We use this group chat to communicate and exchange information.
- Sign up to our Volunteer Signup App. There you will be able to sign up as volunteer for various activities during the conference.
Setup / Tear Down
- Help setup the registration desk, signs, banners, power strips etc. on Sunday morning before the conference starts.
- Help cleanup the venue on Thursday after the conference ends.
- This job involves walking and carrying items.
- Hand out conference badges.
- Check student IDs.
- Answer general questions.
- This job involves a lot of talking.
- Help speakers get setup for their talk.
- Introduce speakers to the audience.
- Signal remaining time to the speakers.
- Ensure that talks start and end on time.
- Moderate Q&A sessions and help passing the microphone.
- This job involves speaking in front of people, moderation and walking with a microphone.
- A Special groupo photo with all volunteers.
- A special mention on our website.
- Our ethernal gratitude :-)
- A small cool present, just for volunteers.
- Help make ADASS possible!